Friday, June 20, 2008

We Think They'll be Blue


Her eyes, that is. They are looking blue in the sunlight. Except for half of her right eye. Maybe she'll pull a Barrick and have one blue and one brown. Only, Grace would have one and a half blue and one half brown. Would that be as adorable as our little cousin's?

The news every little mother just can't wait to share can finally be announced: Grace focuses, for a week now--so it isn't just an accident! She will look at me, at my eyes, not just the contrast between my hair and my face. And if I move, she follows. And she makes little movements with her mouth like she is talking. It is just fun!

She is changing every day. By "changing" I mean "getting chunkier." Tyler came back from Chicago and couldn't get over it. She is definately no longer a Newborn. She has moved into the Infant stage. Part of me is sad. What a precious, short stage. (Why isn't Toddler that fleeting? But Toddlerhood is an entertaining stage. I do enjoy it most days.) Another part of me, the exhausted part, is rejoicing. Longer stretches of sleep are not far away now! And the interaction...such a great reward. And I thought babies were boring!


Con adores Grace. He has started telling us, "I love her," and to Grace, "I love you." It really is adorable. Now to express that love a little more gently...

4 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is too fun! She already looks so much older! Also I noticed Barricks eyes about this age and the colors just kept getting more defined. Grace is absolutely beautiful!! And Con is such a sweet big brother!!

Anonymous said...

Blue is where it's at. Newborns are fun and boring, so you're not wrong on either count.

Unknown said...

Aww! Remember when Matt Ewell got a pencil in the eye in Jr. High and half of one of his (brown) eyes turned blue for a while. That was crazy. And I am not suggesting anything about Conrad's roughness. He is really sweet to her.

karin said...

I will have to see in person before I agree about the eye color. Con is a sweet big brover but I never doubted it.