Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sometimes, I Cheat

Sometimes, I cheat. When I make the bed. It is not an accident. It starts when I put on clean sheets. I put less on my side, more on Tyler's. That way, I don't have to worry about the top sheet hanging below the quilt and anyone seeing it. And Tyler's side is to the wall. No tucking. Quick bed making each morning.

And I sleep on the side to the door. To hear the baby, I say. I did that before we had kids, Tyler points out. Also because I am chlosterphobic. If you are too, you will understand.

One more related note: When we got married, Tyler and I adopted my parents' rule. Whoever is last out, makes it. He used to. I do, now. I prefer it this way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to make the bed to keep kitty from shedding in my sheets. Yick! I give myself more top sheet because Scott's a blanket hog. I have woken up many times in the night missing sheets and blankets.

karin said...

It is a rare day when I pull my duvet and put the big pillows on the bed, usually it is just the top sheet and light-weight blanket pulled up. So you are doing better than me.

Unknown said...

Smart is not cheating, Beebe. And I remember that ugly year that we shared a room and I wanted the door clsed at night and you wanted it open so you could breathe and I thought "What a JERK!!!" Ugly year. Glad it's behind us.

Kristi said...

I love it!!! I do the exact same thing!! Plus pull the duvet over no matter if the sheets are straight and put the pillows on it looks great even if underneath isn't perfect!! We do anything we can to keep our lives sane!!! I even fold my top sheets after a wash so all I have to do is unfold them on the bed. No more trying to get it straight just unfold and go!!!