Sunday, was Grace's baby blessing. She wore the blessing dress I wore 32 years ago. The "vintage" came out of the lace and she was a precious doll, layered in a soft satin, a filmy layer and a lacy overcoat. I admit that I enjoyed dressing her in it and had to wipe away a tear or two in the process. Those little moments!
Tyler gave a beautiful blessing and showed her off like a pro.
After Sacrament Meeting, we had the family (and our next door neighbors) over for lunch before my mom and dad started the long drive home. We had 35+ people here, and all of a sudden, my kitchen was small and the house not as big as it had seemed the week before. Still, everyone kept congregating together in small areas, like around the kitchen table. The kids played well outside and in the playroom. I had lots of help getting food out onto trays. And I didn't make any of the many, many salads or the rice krispie treats. Thanks mom, Aunt Sharron, Mindy, Pi...who am I forgetting? There was so much food!
The baby was passed around the aunties and uncles, and she was very content to be held all day. And then we had to document the day with a few photos.

Most of our non-extended family were able to come, (We missed you Em, AJ, Baby H and Brett!) and some of the extended. We do hope June is a budget month for the bishop.
Karin and Bryan and kids left right after the sacrament. Long drive+newborn+still healing incision. You get the picture.
And we had to get pictures of the grandparents holding the little angel. (We already have a few shots of Ga with Grace, but she was there, too.)
Papa holding the new granddaughter. I really do think my dad enjoys the newborn grandchildren more than he did us kids, and that is fine with me. I love how his face lights up as he holds the baby. He just has this look...
Grandma Jean, Grandma Johnson, or Grandma Great (as Con calls her) held Grace a lot this weekend. She was always ready to take her, sleeping or squacking, as I would go do or fix or get this and that. And I would always come back to a sleeping baby. She has the touch!
Really! Aren't Grandpa Conrad and Grandma Debbie so cute! I think Tyler gets his joy of holding the baby from his dad. He is so sweet with his, "Its my turn to see the baby." And Debbie instantly noted how much Gracie had grown in the week and a bit since she'd gone home, to my young mother heart's content. Her excitement over the little granddaugher is so fun. They are the best!
As Pi observed, "Another reason for baptisms and blessings is to get together as a family." For sure!
6 comments:
First commenter!
I am sad we had to leave so early but at least you understand and you know that we wanted to be there. I just wish we had a photo to prove we were there. The sandwiches were great (I was really hungry once we got on the road).
That was a great party, Beebe.
I love the big group picture. Especially Carter.
And Gracie looked just like a little princess!
Awww!! I love the picture of everyone on the stairs. You should print it and put it in Gracie's baby book. Every little girl should know she's that loved. I am as sentimental as you are, and so I love that you put Gracie in your dress. It's beautiful.
Beebe she is so beautiful! And how awesome is that--getting to wear your old blessing dress!
What a fun day! I love all of the pictures and how precious that she is wearing your dress. What a fun day!
We missed you, too! We would've loved to be there. Give Baby Grace our best. She really did look like an angel fairy princess dollbaby.
Post a Comment