Tyler hasn't been traveling last week, nor does he have plans to leave this week. The perfect time for what my dad calls a Showdown! You know--The Its Time You Slept Through the Night Not- So Little Baby Because your Mother Might Lose her Marbles if she Doesn't Get Some Sleep. Unfortunately, I am still too much of a sucker for the sweet cries to do this on my own and have to have Tyler be the toughie. And really, it's the first and maybe last time he'll have to be the tough guy--he's such a softie, especially for the girls. And I read somewhere, once, about offering a bottle of water to baby instead of going cold turkey to ease the transition, because who wants to wake up for a drink of water?
And so we began this process last week. And I kept (mostly in my sleep, but a few times I was very coherent) telling Tyler to just let me feed the baby. She'd cry. Milk'd come. And I was gone a few evenings last week and missed the bed-time feeding and would be ready to burst but too tired to pump.
We'll try again this week.
Even though now Tyler is getting very tired too and starting to bring Millie to me in his sleep.
What a circus!
4 comments:
I hope Millie let's you do the showdown next week. Don't give in, it only gets harder and harder. Which is why I have Bryan do it for me now. Or you could just have another baby?
Hey Karin, that's what I told her. If she just gets pregnant, she will be too tired to get up in the night. Problem solved... for now :)
Good luck. The sleep showdown is no fun for anyone!
ha! Karin and Katie read my mind. That's when H stopped getting the royal treatment - when Fetal E took over my body.
Post a Comment