Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Crafty Me Part 4

My piece-de-resistance: a felt playhouse. Flannel was on sale on Black Friday, so my sisters and mom and I went that evening to see what was left. Great selection even at 5pm, no crowds. And they had felt for a great price. That was the kick in the pants to start what I'd been wistfully admiring on different blogs for a long time. I had bolts of felt piled soooo high on my cart, my family was mocking me. And I didn't know how much I'd need or what I really wanted for designs on the "walls," so I had a hard time deciding how much to have cut. Quite the dog and pony show.

And only 5 months later, it was complete!





The best part is that I can take it down easily and put it all away, then pull it out and the kids will play like it is brand new!

7 comments:

Kelly and Mindy said...

I've been wanting to make one of these! Your sturned out super cute. Was it worth it? Do your kids play with it a lot?

Candice said...

Holy Cow! That must have taken a LOT of work!! I am SO impressed!!

Kristy said...

Beebe! Yours turned out super-cute! Isn't it such a feeling of accomplishment when they go in and out of the house and just LOVE it?! It's seriously one of the best things I've ever made! Good job, you!

shauni said...

I love it! I am so impressed. I would love to make one. Did you use a pattern or just make it up? I love the garden and the apple tree- any hints if I attempt to make one for Christmas?

karin said...

So when should I expect mine?

AmyJane said...

Oh my cute! I want to make one! Strike that, I want someone ELSE to make me one! Kidding....I'm sure someday I'll have energy for such things again. Most likely when I get this baby out of my belly!
Do you have access to directions of any sort for this?

Unknown said...

make me one? I've been working on a quiet book for MONTHS now, and when I say working on, I mean I did twice, but most of the time I move the bag/pile of stuff elsewhere.