Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Millie at 8 Months

Wow! Time sure flies! Its like she was just 6 months old.
Hee, hee, hee. I think I am so funny.
Really. I do.
Back to the baby:


In the past few months, Millie has really grown and can do so much had never occured to her before:

Millie scoots and rolls and gets where she wants to go, often getting stuck under the bed or back around the side of the sofa. Hilarious! She is up on her hands and knees, doing her best to figure out Real Crawling (which the other two sort of did for a few days before walking). This scooting thing is for the birds, or the worms, thinks Mills, and she's trying to move on.

She plays with toys and will sit (like a pro) and play or roll and play, quite content for a LONG time, as long as her mama is sitting right there.

She says "Da,da,da." And I think she has already attached meaning to it. (Yes, I am one of Those moms.) Along those lines, she scrunches up her little hands whenever we sing Popcorn Popping (which is often). Really. And she claps at will. And has for a month. I just haven't been able to video any of it, because she stops everything and stares at the camera like a newborn.... You know the look.

She has a hard time nursing during the day, because she watches her brother and sister instead of focusing on eating. Perhaps that is why she nurses all night. (Yup, I am still a sucker for the little lonely cry in the dark.)


Speaking of cries--I was fooled for a few days, but she has a new cry. It sounds like she is dying of pain. Tortured. Being crippled. At first I was convinced she had swallowed a wood chip (which I can't keep off the floor, thank-you back yard and lovely outdoor weather) and it was caught and the excrutiating pain was more than she should have to bear at such a young age. And Tyler was convinced he'd made her sick by holding her right after spraying the garden with some organic, "safe" stuff. (We convince ourselves of odd things from 2-5:30 am.) A week and a half later, it turns out she has just learned another new way to use her voice. Not my favorite use. But she does employ it when Big Brother and Sister are loving her a bit too much--handy.

Millie is vocal. The girl has pipes. She usually uses her voice for happy, joyous sounds. Especially after singing. In church. She must love that organ because she keeps going. The rest of the congregation gets quiet for a prayer or the sacrament. Millie does not. Her "little" hollars echo in the chapel. And there are A LOT of kids in our ward. I haven't finished the sacrament in the chapel since February. Of course it doesn't help that she thinks she should eat or nap at that same hour. But, still. And in this family, you've got to be able to be loud. Or you'd never be heard.

Lastly, we've discovered the swing at the park. Millie loves to swing high - giggles more the higher she goes. It makes me want to go back to the park. Often. Anything for that girl!


Millie Bear, we love you!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's 8 months, either! Specially since I haven't met her yet. She is so big, and so pretty. Tell her hi from Auntie Em.

Kelly and Mindy said...

Her eyes are so blue! What a pretty girl.