We. have. a. mouse. in. the. garage.
I am grossed out. I am freaking out! I talk loudly to myself (or to the disgusting little creature) and bang doors and walk heavy any time I have to go into the garage. I don't let Conrad into the garage. Especially without shoes, which are then left just inside the door. The whole place is probably filthy, just teaming with rodent bacteria and diseases. Blech!
I have a knack for knowing mice have invaded. The two times my parents have had them in their house (not counting when we lived in the boondocks in rural Ohio) I have witnessed the scurryings. I knocked the face off one at girl's camp last summer. I was hesitant to move into this house because of the inch gap under the door in the garage just inviting pests to come for a visit. I have been very careful about what I do or don't put in the garage for that very reason. Tyler has laughed at my neurosis.
Tuesday, I discovered I am paranoid for a reason.
I told Tyler about the droppings that night. He told me they were old. I didn't believe him. I found more droppings Wednesday. He put a trap out last night. This morning, there was the triggered trap, no peanut butter.
Smart varmint. Arrggh!
7 comments:
Just don't go with the stuff that explodes their throats. That's what my parents used in blowhio. It was a mess.
Oh, and once one got stuck in between the drawers of our 18-drawer dresser, and I didn't find it for months. It made all my clothes smell like nasty mouse death.
Isn't that everyone's personal "H" place?
I am sorry. I am that way about the lizard you found in my garage and lizards are NOT mice.
By the title I thought you might be talking about my son. Sorry about your predicament. We are mouse-less, but there are these awful outside bugs that occasionally get inside and then die and I can't even deal with the carcass.
Get a cat. That's what works for us. The only downside is when he brings birds (both dead and alive) into the house. Not so fun, but still better than a mouse.
I understand...finding a mouse is one of the worst things for me. It was the final straw in me moving from one house in another in Fayetteville.
Oh dear. You're like some kind of magnet...... ;) I remember the scalping of the mouse.....shudder!
I share your paranoia....I'm always so afraid (because I've heard those stories, you know) that I'll open my washer or dryer, and something with four legs and a tail (or worse, something WITHOUT LEGS!) will be rummaging around inside.
Or will jump out. Or will be dead, and Jason will be out of town, and I'll have to retrieve it from the depths of my very own H-place.
You have my sympathies. And I hope you've caught the smart varmint.
Have I told you the story about the unnamed warehouse store that had ONE rat. Just one. A big, fat, one. Who was living on 50 lb bags of dog food, and had 25 pest control workers firing off BB guns to try and SHOOT IT?! It got that bad.
Took them a week to catch that thing, working night after night. Jason has a picture of the guy holding it, who captured it....and it was the size of a CAT!
They are smart.
Am I helping? Probably not.
Glue boards are your friend. Launch a full-scale attack, peanut butter in the middle, and you'll catch the little bugger. But Tyler will probably have to send him to his death......the big trash can in the sky.
Good luck, and I hope you catch him, or already have.
We had that same problem in Folsom and we had the same inch gap in the door to the garage. First have Tyler go to the hardware store and buy a threshhold and rubber thing for the bottom of the door. Close the gap and hope you did it while the mouse was outside!!!
If not just keep trying the traps. I had to do it just last week in our garage. My pest control guy said to just do the different traps because you don't want a poisoned dead mouse stinking up your garage because he got somewhere you can't find him.
Good luck!!!
Post a Comment