Monday, August 25, 2008

Yeah, Bryan Saves the Day! and It's Been a Week

We don't have to get a new fridge! Yeah, Bryan!!! My b.i.l. suggested checking the vent in the back of the freezer, and sure enough, the vent down to the fridge was frosted over. We defrosted it and voila--a fridge that works just fine.

I was not wanting to buy a new fridge. They are expensive! And with the home-grown movement to support Prop 8... We need to be putting our dollars there for now, not into appliances.

Unfortunately, we still have a furry visitor. It has set off lots of traps and avoided and flipped sticky strips and eaten peanut butter by the little gobs and is still destroying the few green tomatoes growng in the garden (I haven't been caring for the plants lately and they are growing big and green instead of producing fruit--next week...).

And all of the helpful thoughts and ideas are just making me more paranoid. Expectant She Mouse! Lots of mice! A rat! (That last idea is Tyler's because he doesn't think a mouse would be smart enough or strong enough to evade his traps.)

That's it. Time for the De-con. If it dies somewhere, oh well. I can't handle it anymore. Tyler is switching laundry for me now. He is getting stuff out of the deep freeze (and everything has been out there since Saturday night's fridge scare). He is the one getting paper plates and forks out of the plastic storage bin and putting chairs away and getting out yard tools. I am not even parking the car in the garage. And the kids don't especiallly love a hot seat.

Tyler is being so understanding and ultra sweet about the whole mess. But it is time for this adventure to end.

I don't think I would have made a very good pioneer.

5 comments:

karin said...

I would have not made a very good pioneer either (Bryan tells me often that I have little upper body strength). I hope your little furry visitor goes away soon and if it needs the help of De-con to go I think you should get it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not good at roughing it either, although it's not rodents that bother me, it's roaches. Yick!! After living in OH for eight years, rodents and snakes don't phase me.

Oh wait, there's a suggestion. Get a snake, they eat rodents. Or a cat.

Michelle said...

What a week! We had mice when I first met you. Our kind home teacher insisted we borrow his couch until ours was in--we had one ordered but it was 6 weeks out. The only problem his couch had been sitting outside for a month while he remodeled. We insisted we were ok, but one bright Saturday he was there with the couch. Not long after mice--YUCK! It took a while before we got rid of them but it did finally happen. I feel bad for you. Nothing is worse than an un-welcomed visitor! Great news that you got the fridge fixed.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

Beebe- I totally understand! I can't believe that you haven't cried everyday about it. I cried alot, especially when people said, but it is just a mouse. It is tiny! In my mind it was not and it was not clean and I DID NOT WANT IT IN MY HOUSE...can you tell I have strong feelings about it!

Unknown said...

Have you sealed the crack?
Today I met with my counselor, and I actually brought up your mouse. No kidding. May death visit your garage soon.