Anyway. So, we have just about two weeks until Pre K starts and Con could use some fine motor practice, Grace is excited about colors and letters and I could use the structure for a few minutes each day--thus we have started up Con and Grace School as a daily event.
If you'd like to have your own Con School, here are the basic supplies needed:
-construction paper
-pipe cleaners
-googly eyes
-sequins (great for fine motor skills)
-glue, both of the stick variety and the elmer's type
-pastry brush (bigger than normal tiny paint brushes=easier for little hands to finish a project
-washable markers, crayons, paints, watercolors (which are already washable, just fit this list) and I cannot overemphasize the WASHABLE! Has saved many an outfit, wall, floor, car bench, church bench and soooo worth the extra dollar or two. And then I don't fret. Which is worth a lot.
-a handy website that does all the creativity part for you (like No Time for Flashcards--love it!)
-location, location, location! I prefer to hold Con School at the bar in our kitchen. Granite slab means easy clean up, even of paint and the barstools keep the kids from having quick getaways so I can make sure their hands are washed before they touch walls, toys, floors, carpet... and I don't have to bend over to help--and help and discussions about the projects is something I like the most about Con School.
With some of the projects we use other supplies. Some are of the garbage variety--love those cereal boxes and finding something to do with leftover scrapbooking stickers! Others are fun, like puff balls and popsicle sticks. And then there is glitter. Not my favorite.
While projects dry, we try to read a book or two that may or may not be related (Have we been to the library lately or not?) to the art. If we play a game or make a puzzle for Con School, somehow the books aren't read right then. Oh well.
I love Con and Grace School! I'm so glad we've started it up again. I have such a good time preparing it and holding it. At times I even think I don't want Pre K to start. And then we have a real moment and it is time! And then it will become Just Grace School.
1 comment:
Karen thinks con school sound like a place to train criminals. :)
Thanks for the how to. We're starting joy school in a week or so for H, but that's only twice a week, and I think my teeny guy could use some structure, too.
Post a Comment