One month since I've had a Diet Coke. Yup. I've been off my favorite treat for a month. Cold turkey. I even survived a quick visit to my mom and dad's house where the water is all chlorine-y and the filtered stuff is yucky but no one worries much because of all the "cold ones" in the fridge and the yummy Baker's Diet Cokes with extra syrup. I survived that! And sleepless nights with snotty, croupy kids. And the tedium which is often day to day life.
After this month, I wish I could say I don't even miss it at all.
The truth is that I'm the guy on the juice aisle while there's a party going on in the dairy section. Thank-you forever, Brian Regan, for that descriptive analogy.
3 comments:
Good for you. Stay strong!!
You can do it! I hear ya. Everytime I try to stop or even slow down, I go to mom and dad's and those cold ones call my name or someone offers to get beverages. I am proud of you. Is that why you aren't coming for the 11th?
Wowsers. Cold turkey. I am weaning myself off of dr. pepper, and it is SO MUCH HARDER than I ever dreamed possible.
Post a Comment