Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

For my birthday, I asked Tyler for grass. We found out that you have to buy sod early in the morning, not wait until 11:00 when the area is prepared. Instead, my sweetheart took me to lunch without a toddler (Thank-you Pi), where they brought out a moist, fudgey-filled cake topped with yummy fudgeyness, and a recliner, to make night feedings easier:

I wanted a dark, leather, comfy when sitting and when reclining, rocking, not too huggy so that I feel closterphobic and be able to share it with a two-year old chair. I sat in a million! I am not a shopper. But I got a recliner that meets all of my requirements. I told Tyler that next time I just want to tell someone what I want and pay them big bucks to create it for me. He told me that the grass will be in on Monday. I am such a lucky girl!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chair looks like everything you described to me last night. I am a little jealous! Happy Birthday!!

Kristy said...

Yay for having a recliner--I heart mine! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY (that's me yelling so that you can hear me all the way from here!)

karin said...

I want a recliner but I don't have a place for it. I will have to try out yours next weekend.
And yeah for grass! I am jealous about a lunch with no toddlers (even though the last time I went out to lunch with toddlers the boys were great and several people commented how great they were).

Unknown said...

Heck of a birthday, Bee. At first I thought the recliner was just for post-fudgy goodness, and then I realized that you got to keep the recliner FOREVER. Lucky.

Michelle said...

Your husband did well on your birthday and grass too, life doesn't get any better.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

way to go Tyler! That recliner looks great!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tricia said...

Happy belated Birthday! Your chair looks really awesome! I'm glad it's comfy and just right for you. And congrats on the sod. lol. You crack me up, I can totally relate to your practicality. My mom about died when I told her all I wanted for Christmas was a 55 gallon water barrel.

I'm glad your day was wonderful!