And since Tyler became our last minute photographer, the girls toddled about the activity too.
Everyone brought towels or sheets and we made them into togas and robes, had the kids take off their shoes and vuala: dressed "old fashioned," if you use your immagination. (Notice Grace sitting there like a big kid.)
They made their own "clay lamps" and learned how Christ was a "Light Unto the World." They were "Fishers of Men" (can you see the little EL Fudge cookies) after they "rowed" their fishing boats to the Sea of Galilee. Grace needed help with both. Thanks, Janea!
They followed the Good Shepherd's example: crossed a "river", climbed under a "fence," and made their way through a "thicket" (see above) to rescue a lost little lamb and bring him back to the fold; all while being timed with a stopwatch and cheered on by those waiting for a turn (or a second turn, or a third).
They walked down a hallway with footprints on it, and were invited to walk in Christ's steps as they looked at pictures depicting his life , to the....Garden of the Tomb, or at least our representation of it. (The pictures don't do Sister Jone's transformation justice.)
Here they heard the story of the ressurection, listened to heavenly music, wrote down what they had learned or what they could do to follow Christ, and watched a video depicting the last days of the Savior's life.
And then they went home.
Word was they loved it, and I had a good time, so we'll count it a success.
4 comments:
That is awesome. I am super impressed. Remind me to call you next time I have an activity to plan!
That looks amazing! I am very impressed
That is amazing!!!! I want my kids to have an experience like that, what fun and inspiring.
Wow. WOW.
Post a Comment