I went to the dentist for a cleaning, x-rays, and a regular check-up. I found out that my teeth are falling apart. The dentist politely faulted pregnancy (he has a two year old and changed the lecture to sympathy when he found out I have a 4 month and a 21 month old). I think I am just falling apart. Lets face it. Not taking care of myself (except that must have warm to hot shower each morning/afternoon) is taking its toll.
So, with the unintended encouragement of my dentist, optometrist, future podiatrist, achy back and knees, hairstylist and fashionistas everywhere, I am going to do more than get fillings and my first cap. Its time to get a good routine going and start being healthier and happier. Because instead of just doing a set up to I could be on What Not to Wear (is that show still on?) I could really be on it.
Really.
And that is not acceptable.
All of this, of course, depends on how much energy I can muster after getting the kids to a CPS-acceptable level of care each day. We'll see.
6 comments:
Love this post. So glad I'm not the only one. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!!
Routine for myself? Interesting concept. I am going to have to think about that one.
I keep telling people to sign me up for the show but it hasn't happened yet. I haven't been to the dentist for awhile and I honestly don't wear my contacts. I have been wearing Bryan's t-shirts more and more because most of my maternity shirts are too short this time around and I have not made it to Kohl's (and I am still upset about the whole identity theft thing).
I can totally sympathise!
I totally understand! I am lucky if I get a shower. I LOVE What not to wear and I would love to go on the show and have them tell me what I am doing wrong (and buy me a whole new wardrobe!) I think moms everywhere would agree with you.
Sign me up! I keep thinking that I'd like to exercise regularly but the kids . . . And eating? forget about it. I eat what's left on their plates half the time.
My teeth have gone to crap since I started having kids. I got behind on the dental work in the first place, I have genetically crappy teeth, and yeah. It's just the way it is. I just went to the dentist this morning, and let's just say there's some work to be done. It' going to cost us a ton, even with relatively decent insurance, but it's time to get caught up, so I'm not toothless by 50! Good lyuck with your work!
Post a Comment