Thursday, February 18, 2010

When Play Immitates

Yesterday, the neighbors undoubtedly heard me growl (okay, it was really a yell), "Get off! Get off!"

Con had ridden his 3-Wheeler onto Grace's finger and stopped. She was screaming and he was wondering why. When I showed him her little red finger with a (tiny) bit of skin hanging off (Grace is quite dramatic), he felt bad, but instead of just a straight out apology, he explained to Grace that it was because his "car is a Toyota and they are all having problems right now."

Where did he get that from?!? He told me he'd learned all about it on Armstrong and Getty, a local am radio show.

I've been careful about putting on music when the language has gotten innappropriate for a parrot-y four year old, but it was another reminder that my little guy is a sponge!

6 comments:

Erin said...

That is very funny. Thanks for sharing!

karin said...

Funny. I wondered how you fared after all 3 kids were crying after that incident.

We spell a lot and I am appreciating Dad's "code" more
and more, I wish Bryan was more into it though.

shauni said...

That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh today.

Lindsey Harmer said...

haha. I can't believe that kid picks up on things like that so easily. I remember subbing for a 2nd grade class once. A student teacher told me the other day she had asked to class what they knew about the government and almost in unison it was "obama".

ps. Thank you soooo much for your package. You always send me these surprise packages and it makes me love you so much.

Thank you card is coming.

Unknown said...

Wow. Doesn't it freak you out just a little bit? I mean WOW.

AmyJane said...

Ha! He and Patrick really should be next door neighbors. They SO think alike!