Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Tool Bench

Con got money for his birthday from Grandma J, Grandma Debbie and Grandma Jean. At first, he wanted to go get rice cream. I kept talking up Legos and/or putting money in his piggy bank. And then we saw the ad for the Toys'R'Us sale.

Con could use ALL his birthday money and buy a tool bench, with tools (severely on sale), but he wouldn't have any left over for rice cream, but HE could buy it, HIMSELF, but it would take ALL his money, so no rice cream. (Actually, he was very excited about the tools, but I didn't want any misunderstanding about the ice cream after the big purchase, so it was emphasized plenty.)


It was a very fun shopping trip, Dean helped build the actual tool bench, and Con has been "fitzing" everything. Non-stop. I didn't realize how much of the house needed work done. (And why hasn't he finished up our year+ kitchen project?)

Thank-you Grandmas!!!

2 comments:

karin said...

FUN! My boys were fitzing things at Ga & Papa's house a few days ago. LOVE the goggles, my boys love them too (Lil A wears them upside down though). And how great that Dean was able to help.

Anonymous said...

If I were in his shoes, I would have purchased the exact same thing. I think I want that now.