Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Imaginary Fwiends

Con has arrived at that stage of Friends, real or imaginary. Everyone and everything is his friend, from his beloved cousins and friends at church, to the kid in the other shopping cart at Costco, to his toy hammer and train, to the people he has just made up. Sometimes he is talking on his cell phone to "Chetty" or going to visit "Chony," but my favorite is when he plays football with "Collin."

We don't know a Chetty, Chony or Collin. I couldn't figure out where he had come up with these names. None of the other nursery kids have names even close. Cartoon characters? Nope. Hmmm.

Tyler figured out the last one. Con was telling him all about the football he had just played and referred to his friend as Collin and Austi, but Con said NOT his cousin, Austi, Collin Austi. Ding! A light of understanding clicked. What we were taking to be "Collin" is really "Collie" as in Austin Collie, #9.


My kid's imaginary friend is one of the legendary receivers of BYU's Offensive Line who has made some great plays, been talked about and cheered on a lot this season, especially from our living room.

Well, when you can play football with whoever you can imagine, why not pick the best?

5 comments:

karin said...

Oh that Con. He is too funny. Lil A makes everything his friend but when they are real people that he knows, they are "best friends" (usually).

Tricia said...

I have been loving your posts as of late. I'm sorry I haven't been a good commenter. but I wanted to say that I love the new pics of both of your adorable children. sure makes me miss you guys. do call if you have a free night next time you are in town......we will hit the raddons up to play dice. :)

oh and did you hear penny is our stake camp director!!!! and is implementing all things san bernardino with the full blessing of our new stake yw presidency. can you believe that?! far reaching blessings, that experience, I tell ya! :)

Michelle said...

We are also in this stage, but I must warn you it advances. We now are not only friends with everyone, but Parker also likes to say, "Can I come to your house to play?" or "Come to my house and play." Of course these comments always follow after he has introduced everyone who is with him. I am a little concerned about the lack of "stranger danger."

Anonymous said...

Your boy is such a man's boy.

Unknown said...

I plan on printing out that last one for the cousin wall. Hope you don't mind.