Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kung Fu Pains

So, I was snuggling the baby and Con and I were watching a Disney Channel Original Movie together. "Quality time" with both kids. I secretly love D.C.O.M's. Love 'em! So, Con is just my excuse to watch them. I've been using him for that since the original H.S.M. when he was a little baby!

There we were watching Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, and there are all these cool martial arts moves and effects. Its a kid version of Crouching Tiger. Running up and over buildings. Slowing down time. Moving super fast. Kicking in the air. Flips and tricks. Running on walls.

Conrad was watching it with a huge grin and without blinking. And then he was tumbling, flipping and falling off the couch. And crying. It hurt. He thought he could do the pause-in-the-air-and-do-a-flip-kick. Off the couch. Great moment for a lesson on how t.v. is not real.

He decided to not do any more karate and play more football..."to not get so hurt."

4 comments:

karin said...

HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

Anita and Cy's guilty pleasure is Wendy Wu.

Kristy said...

I love Con. That is all.

Unknown said...

AJ and my relationship is practically based on the DCOM we both watched as kids. Like Not Quite Human, and Parent Trap II.

And don't we all try to do those Kung Fu moves?