Saturday, May 03, 2008

Telling a Story


Months ago we caught one of Conrad's stories on video.

For the record, we don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing--it is mostly for Tyler and me. We seriously have watched it three or four times already, just in the process of posting it. I think he's hilarious. It must be like newborns: other people's are cute but I'm done after just one cute yawn or smile, but my own was sooo fascinating that we took hundreds and hundreds of pictures of every little "expression." Two year old prattlings may be in the same category.

Here he is 15 minutes into the story:


He is so Boy! Everything is a crash and has a sound effect. Sometimes he just makes up words and space fillers, especially when he is stalling for bed. And I LOVE his "and then"s.

6 comments:

karin said...

I will have to watch the video when my boys get back because I know we will watch it many, many times.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

Conrad is so cute! The recipe for "nudie bars" is on my blog. click on recipes on the left side of my blog and it is the last (or first, depending on how you look at it) entry in that catagory.

Anonymous said...

His story telling skills are impressive. Maybe there's a future for him in journalism. Leah started telling me stories today, but they were much shorter and only made sense to her since she's only four months.

Kelly and Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly and Mindy said...

I had carter watch the video. He said , "I wanna see Conrad." Then he thought about it and said, "I want Conrad's cars." I'm not sure if this is in reference to the cars thrown against the wall at the Olive Garden, or he just assumes Conrad has some awesome cars. Either way...super cute video!

Unknown said...

I like the whispery parts of the train a lot. And I could swear I heard a "bare nekked" in there sometime after chicken nuggets.