I was looking around my house and realized that there are a number of things that are just because Conrad is Two. Here are a few:
* There is an odd collection on top of the fridge, not because I am my father's daughter, but because it is one of the few places that Con can not reach... at least not yet. The other safe place is on the shelves of my closet. Only those two spots. Really.
* The toilet paper roll is on backwards. Sorry, Ann. It is a necessity. He still manages to pull off 1/4 a roll each time he needs a tissue, but it isn't the whole roll anymore.
* The front door is chained. Always. My visiting teachers come in, and I chain the door behind them. It may make them uncomfortable. Too bad. If not, Houdini is out the door and getting the mail or going on a walk around the corner faster than I can stand back up. I worry that CPS will bring back my little independant guy some day.
* I try to keep dishwasher soap in the dispenser even if there is only one dirty dish. Con loves the start button. I forget if I have run a load with soap or not. We are trying to harness that power--it is his new chore to push the button WHEN IT IS TIME.
* It is very hard to open the door to the garage, and it is the door I use. It has one of those child-proof thingys on the knob. Very effective. Very, very effective. Months ago I found Conrad in the garage, in the car, emergency lights blinking, car keys IN the ignition. No joke. Tyler put on the door knob cover that evening.
I am sure there are more oddities. There will surely be more stories told of this nature. I do not doubt it.
And for the record, I should state that I really like this 2 1/2 buisness! It is much better than just 2. Creativity, yes. Hilarious, yes. Discovery and joy, yes. Plus a little bit of reasoning. Yeah!!!!
5 comments:
I think EVERY mother of toddlers has a weird collection on top of the fridge for that very reason. Hopefully we will outgrow that phase in our lives (unlike our father).
LOL! I don't even know your dad, and I know exactly what you're talking about putting things on top of the fridge! I remember our conversation about "flat surfaces". lol.
Yes, don't worry, we all had/have those pesky oddities. They become so second nature, that we don't realize them sometimes, until someone else points them out.
Like when I pulled all of my knobs off of my oven and stove, and kept them in a drawer for nearly seven years.
I just put them back on, when we decided to sell our house.
Kids and open flames.....not a good combo. :)
We also have quite the collection on the fridge. Added to that collection are things that we are learning to play nicely with.
My little guy is very "active" as we like to say. Last summer the neighbors returned them when he was helping them dig their trampoline whole w/their rented mini backhoe. Lucky for us, they were keeping a close eye on things. All doors needs child locks!
What a fantastic list! We're still in the baby gate/outlet cover/rubber bands around kitchen knobs stage. Sometimes I think H can get past our safety restraints easier than I can though.
children are just lovely aren't they! Wait until there are 2 of them and you hear from the other room "Don't tell Mom!"
Post a Comment