Wednesday, March 28, 2007

First Haircut

Karin and Katie will be pleased to know that Conrad no longer has a baby mullet. The only reasons I protested a haircut so long was because his hair is neither thick nor dark. I felt bad about getting rid of the little fuzz he did have. Also, he is/was my baby, and a haircut makes you a little boy. As you can see from the before picture, that fuzz was quite lengthy: 3 inches.



Since Dean and Drew were getting trims and the clippers were out and it was such a warm afternoon, Conrad got his first cut. We took off his shirt (so PWT!) and had him stand there like the big boys had. (He wants to do everything that Dean does.) I took a deep breath and used the clippers to make the hair on the sides and back of the head a respectable length.



I'm not saying it was the most complete or most handsome haircut in the world, but he is such a cute boy, no one but me will ever notice.



Thanks Ann for gently helping me take this major mommy step!

5 comments:

karin said...

HALLELUJAH! FINALLY! Yeah Con, your mom letting you grow up or growing up herself. We know that you've been ready for a haircut for a few months now. Now you are like the other boys, including your daddy (since you have to do everything like Daddy).

*I will be able to tell*

Anonymous said...

Wow Beebe! You are such a good poster as of late. Little C looks very cute with his new haircut. Just think, someday you'll have another little one whose hair you won't want to cut.

Ann said...

What Beebe didn't write is that the clippers threatened to quit working after the first cut. It could have ended badly- with one little section short and sweet and the rest still longish! As you can see, though, everything turned out OK. And Con did great! No crying on his part.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful step - I'm so proud of you, Beebe. It was time. And soon he'll be borrowing the car and breaking curfew, and then moving away, leaving you weeping on the front porch. But it's GOOD.

Nannie said...

Grandpa J did many of these first haircuts. He would always have a treat for them after he was done. I do remember at least one(probably Gregg) that didn't want to have a haircut and so he got a sucker to make him sit still. BIG MISTAKE! The haircut really does make Conrad look like a big boy now. Such a cute boy! The flowers are blooming by the lightpole. Don't you need another picture?