Thursday, June 03, 2010

Go, Diego!

I heart Go, Diego, Go. More than like. Less than love. Yes. Heart. That is the right measure of my affection. Why, you wonder? I have many reasons:

10. how human-voiced-animal calls are taught, like "ah-ooo" for the humpback whale. (What?!?)
9. harmonies in the catchy little tunes
8. some real science mixed in there
7. problem solving
6. the term "animal rescuer" and that there are young folk running around who want to be one when they grow up
5. the episode where Iguana helps replant Abuelo's strawberry fields--a little t.m.i., much like that one Mr. Roger's about not being afraid of the toilet (which a few old roommates of mine should still be chuckling over--yes I saw it when I was in college, after a Halloween Dance, dressed as a Teletubby)
4. that Grace doesn't say water, but agua
3. how Con is not only learning Spanish phrases here and there, but inventing it as well
2. Click the Camera is voiced by none other than Rosie Perez--just hearing her identifiable voice takes me back to the 90's
1. that it is not his cousin, Dora

3 comments:

karin said...

You are killing me. Those are hilarious. I do not heart or even like Diego. But I will agree that he is better than Dora.

Unknown said...

Never watched it, I just thought it was the boy Dora. I'm now open to Diego. Thanks.

Ann said...

Diego is awesome.

Evan has submitted "Diego" for our list "Names for Katie's Baby Boy" since Karin ignored him and named her guy Ben.