Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today I am Grateful For...

You know how sometimes you think of things you are grateful for because you aren't feeling so grateful. This is not one of those days.

A few hours ago I started noticing all the fantastic little treasures that make my life easier. Materialistic? Yes. Life saving? No. Keeping the sanity on a too-hot day? Most definately.

Here's a few:
*those flushable toddler wipes (Yes, it all started with these.) I'd love to give a big ol'hug to the person who invented those bright rays of sunshine in the dreary attempt we call potty training.
*clorox wipes and 409 kitchen spray--could wiping up counters and floors be any easier? Andwe're at that stage of a lot of wiping.
*air conditioning. 90's are feeling like 100's to me right now
*a three year old who thinks he's tricky enough to "pretend" to sleep and is incredibly quiet (for any child, but especially for him) as he sneaks little handfuls of legos from the playroom into bed
*a nephew who's old enough to alert me to that white stuff the kids have gotten into (instant pudding, which I am most definately not thankful for today) but not as bossy as his Aunt Beebe so as to cause more of a mess and trouble by trying to take on kids and powder by himself, but stands ready to help with any request
*dyson and that handy vacume wand
*a nephew who thinks its just the most fun to use it
*a nephew who volunteers to help the little guy wearing underwear so I can finish my taco
*water tables and a 1-year old who thinks its the best activity ever, every day (Best Mother's Day present!)
* a Tyler who comes home and doles out and cleans up popsicles before eating even one taco
*the shower bath
*crushed ice

3 comments:

Ann said...

I've never actually thought about it, but toddler wipes ARE little rays of sunshine, aren't they?

I had to get Drew to tell me the specifics of the nephew ones. Thanks for taking my kids last night, even in your very-pregnant state. I'm glad they were at least helpful at times.

karin said...

I read that this morning (or last night for you) but didn't have time to comment as we were heading out the door.

I enjoyed this but was wondering the specifics of the nephew ones too.

Unknown said...

I hope your taco was awesome. I am a big fan of clorox wipes, too.