Monday, March 10, 2008

Just A Little Obsessive

Con wants to wear his "Big Truck Shirt" or "the Black One" every day (and it is not your monitor: this shirt is really navy, but I cannot convince him that navy is a blue and not a black). He watches Cars at least once a day and will even ask me to "take a shower, Mama" in the afternoon so that he can watch it again. He wants a peanut butter sandwich every day for lunch. (That was after we stopped frequenting In-n-Out for a grilled cheese multiple times a week...I noticed what I was spending there.) He wants his little football in bed with him, a pillow that has to have the right pillow case that he does not stay on, and only a "little blanket," even when it is freezing cold. He will only willingly do stuff that he has seen Tyler do. I wonder where he gets these slightly obsessive habits from?


Actually, that is the reason I decided to post. To explain some of my recent obsessions and make them the excuses for not blogging for most of January and February.

First, the fun, pregnancy induced ones (maybe): Bagels, peanut butter and strawberry jam and oranges. Not all at once. Bagels for breakfast. PB&SJ for lunch. A reluctant variety for dinner. At least one orange after I put Con down (he loves them but I don't love what they do to him). Tangerines don't cut it, but Pie's Grapefruit Oranges do.

Scrapbooking. I HAD to do it before the baby comes, HAD to get "caught up." I even let my house fall into disarray and 'kept on truckin' when we had people over. Its done, but Tyler quickly and sadly points out that it is really never over.

Cooking. I don't love cooking. I don't even like it. But I have been out of control this week making casseroles to freeze for when the baby comes. This was a short lived one. My sisters were right. I ran out of freezer space much quicker than I expected. Don't worry. I have a plan. We are going to eat all the duplicates and I will replace them with variety over the next two months. Tyler is not sad about this quirky week at all. His belly has enjoyed it.

My newest "craving" is deep cleaning. I have ignored my house for months, out of 1st trimester exhaustion at first and then because I was scrapbooking and cooking. I am happy to say that the upstairs is almost done, minus cleaning windows and blinds. That might happen next week. Or maybe I'll leave that dreaded chore until after I have attacked the more difficult downstairs. In incrimments. You know. Downstairs bathroom. Walls in kitchen. Other walls, the up high ones where whisps of spider webs can be seen in the late afternoon sun. The rugs. Those windows and blinds that are downstairs (sigh).... Maybe I'll move on to another habit before I make it to windows and blinds. Now that is a happy thought!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun to read your blog! You are too ambitious! I don't even want to think about doing windows and blinds right now. When is your baby due? I am excited for you. You will be busy with 2, but you will love it. Your little boy is so handsome!

karin said...

Con is such a mix of Tyler and your personalities. Big A has been asking all week "is Conrad coming to our house?" Then Lil A asks "Con?" So we are anxious to see you all in a few days and I am needing some help in hanging stuff.

Leslee and Kody said...

I bet Tyler loves these new obsessions!!! Wow cleaning , scrapbooking, cooking alot, taking care of your boy! Right now your on my top list for the pregnant super mom!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand the obsessions. Look how often I've been on a cleaning/organizing/re-decorating bender.