Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter


This year, the Easter Bunny visited our house and Conrad looked for eggs with help from his Daddy. I did have the foresight to feed him cheerios (notice the empty bowl in Tyler's hand) and milk in a sippy cup before he went downstairs, so he did get some non-sugar in him. I like that we can still (almost) dictate his life. He does keep trying to eat breakfast upstairs, this week, though.


The first thing he spotted was his "basket," Karin's cute idea.

He spent the next 10-15 minutes finding eggs on his own, pointing out, "Dere it is!"

Then, Tyler got involved, helping in a very subtle way and lifting Conrad up to get the "up high" ones.


Conrad's favorite part was opening all the eggs and dumping the candy into my candy jar. It IS a fantastic candy jar: air tight--so that meant ant tight in my last classroom, see through, and it makes a great noise when shaken. Whenever Conrad was on the computer this week (yes, he finally learned how to click a mouse with control--thanks, Tyler, Edie and Adam!) he asked for a jelly bean. I guess the two go together.


After church, we went to Pay and Mary's for yummy stroganof and fresh baked rolls. For dessert, Mary made these cute little cupcakes that looked like Easter Baskets! I tell you! She is so creative! Not only did they look cute, they tasted great. And we are the benefactors of that deliciousness.



They sponsored an egg hunt in the back yard. There were sections for the little guys and the big kids. Edie qualified for both, was super fast and got the most, then shared them with everyone. Evan got one blue one that he fondly called "Ball." Con stole from the other kids' baskets, whether they were looking or not. It was competitive. It was intense. It was after late church, no nap and the fall of the morning's sugar high... but still hilarious to watch.


We love living near the FardAneshes and the FardanEshes!

Just for the record, I was not proud of Con's thievery and each and every egg was replaced.

5 comments:

Sam and Fam said...

I love reading your blog!!

karin said...

FUNNY!

Mom told her plans for May. I am very excited for May to come now- our boys are going to have a great time with her.

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to bet that your kid loves all holidays that include an overload of candy. Someday your going to find him under his bed with what used to be the entire contents of his Easter basket all over his face.

Ann said...

Those are my favorite of Con's pjs! I didn't know that it was Karin's idea for the big dump truck basket, Good job Karin. And thanks for spelling our names right!!

Unknown said...

You're FUNNY. My favorite part of this post was the description of Evan and his egg, "Ball."