Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Scary Saturday

Saturday was a day of new firsts. First game of the season and I taught Con to say, "Go Cougs!" just for Uncle Bryan. CT really watched half of the game off and on, and played his own fuboll in the living room when he wasn't watching Daddy's team.

Sadly, he also decided to climb on the piano and flipped off, right onto his face. The result? First bloody nose. We called Jill and she said not to worry if the blood was slowing (it had stopped) and if he had maintained conciousness. Maybe I overreacted, but I am a first time mom, he is my only little one, and blood pouring out of his nose and mouth is a bit dramatic!

Looking back, I just wish I had grabbed a camera when the blood was everywhere. What was I thinking?

Later that night, we were swimming and Con had his first attempt at drowning, although he said it was "shimming." Seriously, he looked over his shoulder at me, took a breath and pushed off the step he was playing on, holding his breath the whole time until our new friend soaked her towel and I got my pants all wet scooping him out.

It was all slow motion and I have the sequence burned into my memory forever. He looked at me like "What? I am just playing," and said "shimming." I completely over-reacted for his benefit, telling him how scary it is and the like. Of course he will not go near water without floaties on for the next few years. It is just too scary for me that he has No Fear!

5 comments:

chunkymonkey said...

I just read over this post and realized that it is very redundant, but I have brain fuzz and a limited vocabulary right now, so please forgive the lack of variety.

karin said...

I will tell you over the phone my initial comment.

I heard about C's new experiences and thought "oh Con , you crazy boy" and I laughed when I heard you apologized to your new friend, I could totally hear you saying it my mind.

Unknown said...

You wish you had a picture of all the blood! You sicko!!
Matt used to go shimming a lot when he was little. He nearly drowned a dozen times, but he turned out okay. Kind of. ;)

Anonymous said...

My comment arrived to you via email. And that's all I have to say about that.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

Adam has no fear also so I understand where you are coming from. This summer, he jumped right into a big pool. Luckly for me, Reed had just gotten in and was able to catch him somewhat.