Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grandpa Stewart's 90th Birthday Party

On Saturday was Grandpa Stewart and Aunt Roselle's joint birthday party. There were horse rides, a tour of the Benjamin Cemetary, a treasure hunt for the kids, races, old family movies, beading, a hot dog roast, a fancy program, and 150+ people. The Stewarts and Judkins know how to par-tay.

Thank you Sally and Crew and Teeny and Crew for the memorable day.


The fam gathered on the porch watching the slide show Dad put together. It is fantastic!



Con drinking water right from the well. Yummy! Refreshing!


Tyler and Bryan pause in their chasing of toddlers. It actually took a lot of work to get them to smile.


Catching up: Danny Vranes, Scott, Sam and a Judkins. I don't know which, but he kept blowing a whistle that was hanging around his neck during the relay races.


Conrad started leading us during our family's talent: singing "Sociability," one of the songs Grandpa taught us on car trips, on vacations, or just while we were hanging out.


Uncle Scott gave the tribute about Grandpa and brought a tear to many eyes. His words were touching.


There's the birthday boy and girl. Actually, Aunt Roselle's 95th is sometime this month and Grandpa's 90th is in November. Still, it was a great and well attended celebration. I'm glad we were there.

5 comments:

karin said...

Ditto!

I noticed the only Brown pictured is Bryan and there are no Fardaneshes and you aren't in a photo either. I guess that's what happens when there are lots of kids and the ditch is full.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pics. I was hoping you guys would. I want to see the one with everyone in their green shirts whenever you guys can. Did you hire someone or do it yourselves?

Unknown said...

Thanks for calling your friend "a Judkins" and thank you for referring to the oldest people I know as "the birthday boy and girl."

Ann said...

I like your version of the day. I was there, of course, but the party was too big to experience everything. Great pictures, too!

shauni said...

Once again, I am sad that we couldn't make it to the party, it looks like it was great. Conrad is so cute drinking out of the well, oh that brings back childhood memories.