Millie was napping this morning, so I let Con and Grace watch some cartoons while I tackled cleaning the bathrooms. Its been over a week. And desperate. 5 minutes before I finished, I heard a small crash and something I couldn't quite identify.
Almost done, I ran downstairs with the trash and saw what I had heard...the cost of having clean bathrooms: Grace had spread not-ripe-enough-tomatoe slices all over the island and floor of the kitchen, along with the juice from cucumber slices (which she hadn't left a trace of), which Conrad had topped with what use to be a full box of Corn Flakes. He'd been aiming for a huge bowl, and I guess he'd lost control of the big box (he's usually pretty good pouring smaller boxes of cereal and 1/3 full milks). And I had just cleaned the kitchen floor yesterday. Afternoon.
It was everywhere. The kids were even sitting in it, munching on Corn Flakes. Sorry for me for the mess, but not upset personally about it at all.
Since there were no tears, I finished the last bathroom before we started cleaning up their "snack."
I keep finding more bits of Corn Flakes. Grace and Con keep eating any bits they find. I step on them, or find them stuck to everything, including children. And I get to have a freshly cleaned floor for another day. And counters and cupboards. And chairs and stools.
Still, totally worth the clean bathrooms!
3 comments:
I get that. A clean bathroom is worth every other room in the house being dirty.
After you told me about this today, when I saw you had posted about it, I was hoping there was a photo. My living room was destroyed today but I don't have freshly clean bathrooms (they were cleaned on Saturday and wiped down on Sunday).
I was laughing out loud.
Post a Comment