Thursday, November 12, 2009

One Month

So this is about a month late, but the photo is from the day Millie turned one month old. Yup. A smiler right from the start. And she laughed her first laugh while we were still in the hospital. Really!

She is such a good baby! Such a good eater, sleeper, crier and pooper--That is what babies do, people. She is very proficient at it.

Millie likes to be held, even by the brother and sister. And they adore her! Whenever Grace comes back from being gone or wakes up she wants to know where "Eeeee" is, then squeals with delight when she sees her. She goes right for her twinkle toes and gives them a gentle tickle. It is quite sweet. And she always wants "Eeeee" to have her "Eeee" (binky this time). So concerned.

Conrad is the best big brother! He loves to hold his Sha-bootie just as much as Grace. And he holds her more securely and longer. In fact, he is my babysitter. When I change Grace's diaper, Con holds her the whole time and keeps her 'cozy and warm' (a favorite phrase from his Big Brother Book--Thanks, Ann, we still love it!).

Her daddy is already whooped. Each evening, after the big kids are in bed, Tyler holds her and she falls into a deep sleep on his chest. By morning, the two of them are cuddled together again so I can catch some better Zzz's. She likes to be held!

And me, well this momma's priorities are to take care of her and the brother and sister (although that care does include a lot of TV time--survival mode for the next several months), sleep when I can, and cuddle this little precious girl as much as possible. She is growing and changing too fast! I miss those first quiet days and know this stage will go by all too quickly. My eyes tear up and heart aches just thinking about it, but its probably good this fleeting time doesn't last too long--that new-mother adrenaline doesn't last forever, and interupted sleep for years wouldn't be pretty. So I will treasure this stage as much as I can. And clean my house later.

2 comments:

karin said...

Those early months are nice, when they WANT to be held not because they are sick but because they like to be close.

Are you going to clean my house later too?

Hey, I was thinking you could come next summer and pack for me instead of stealing my boys.

Unknown said...

Aww. Is she a red head? I would love if my namesake could be carrot-topped, please.