Sunday, October 25, 2009

Its Official--I've Lost It

Whether from lack of sleep, extra progesterone from nursing the baby, the result of keeping track of three kids or old age, I have officially lost it: my memory.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store for tomatoes and pepperoni for Con's birthday-party dinner, pledge and hot dogs for dinner during the BYU football game. Got much more, though. Always do. However, I had a flashback while reaching for dusting spray of having made a special trip for pledge just two weeks earlier, so I crossed that off the list. Who forgets that they have pledge while looking at the bottle in the front of the cleaning supplies? It was right there!
I raced home to a very hungry Millie, pulled into the driveway and realized that I had not purchased the hot dogs. Dinner for three families. Just a few hours later. Whoops. It wasn't written on the list. Never mind that it is one of three reasons I went. Tyler handed me the baby and went back to the store for hot dogs and buns.

In primary, while announcing the upcoming quarterly activity, one child asked if we'd be having pizza. I couldn't remember and promised to get back to them. I know this. We are not. At that moment, I could not recall that simple answer for all the money in the world.

And finally, the goody bags that Con and I began working on last January for his birthday party with his cousins sat on the dinning room table through dinner, play time, presents, cake and ice cream... and are still there. I forgot all about them. Tyler asked about them about 15 minutes after Ann and Pi and Pay and Mary left.

Curses!

I guess we'll deliver them tomorrow.

If I can just remember.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it that you're more bloggy than me these days. It's like we've switched places.

karin said...

You are just realizing this?

Kristy said...

When I read this title I thought: "That sounds about right!" :)

Kelly and Mindy said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one!

Unknown said...

And I think I was told it doesn't come back. But, uh, I don't remember?!