Interestingly enough, I have been reading lots of blogs. Or at least trying to. Especially since I moved Grace's bed back into Con's room, out of the office, leaving the desktop open during nap time, when my precocious lil'girl doesn't try to type on the keyboard the way Mommy and Brother do, and night time; and I frequently check to see if there are any new posts on any blogs I lurkingly follow. A few folks do not disappoint. A few others, well...
Still, everyone is much more consistent than I am.
All that is about to change (at least for a little while).
During conference, I sat and downloaded pictures and pictures and videos and more videos. Yes, it took three of the four hours. Yes, I was still able to watch and listen. Yes, I sent Con to play outside so I didn't have a helper. (He does know how to do "lots on the computer.") And I will be editing out and commenting on those long over-due pictures.
Lets start with our little trip to the Sacramento Zoo:
I had never been to the zoo here. And a lovely gal I worked with back at the good ol'Manilla Elementary School brought her family on their traditional weekend trip to visit her husband's grandma (who happens to live in my ward, small world!, which we discovered through blogging-land) and go to the zoo. And we were invited to go along with their cute family and friends.
I was excited to go, not just to discover the "lanimals," but because Amy has a little boy Conrad's age--a week apart, and a little girl just a few weeks older than Grace, and I couldn't wait to meet those cute kids, have our kiddos meet and chat with someone (who I not only enjoy, but happens to be very clever) who has similar adventures (because that is what you get with a 3 year old boy who is most definitely a boy and a sweet and active baby girl).
Not only was it fun to meet everyone and catch up with Amy, but hilarious at how the kids hit it off. Conrad wanted to be by "My Buddy P"s side at every moment, even when it was less than convenient. And I quickly learned that lil'P could hold his own with Con--there was some racing and tackling during our picnic lunch. Relief. Because all parents say that it is fine and then there are the spills, falls, bumps and for some reason Conrad is the one walking away from the collision while the other child needs comfort and an ice pack, and I am apologizing and the other parent is saying it is okay while they comfort a sad, hurt face or head or hand and I am coaching Con on saying sorry and giving resisted-by-the-injured-child hugs... But not this time--they both kept going!
The zoo? It was delightful. The weather was perfect. My guides knew their way around. I later found out we missed the crowds by one week. Fantastic company. Con loved the tigers, jaguars, giraffes, monkeys, other monkeys, and other monkeys, and the elephant, though I don't know where he got that because there aren't any.
By the way, in my opinion, the Sac Zoo ranks right in between the Salt Lake and Denver Zoos, closer to Denver than dear Hoogle.
We started off at the most important part of the whole zoo--the train!
Even Grace liked it. (And this is her new kissy-face that I had to share.)
Con and Grace's new buddies, riding in the coal car. That is very important.
The little boys stretching their wings. And this is the only photo I got where Conrad wasn't repositioning himself to be beside his Buddy P.
And on the alligator.
And showing muscles--on. a. log!
I couldn't believe it--not one picture had both boys faces showing, and I took at least a dozen!
Grace deciding that her friend's cheerios are better than the ones in front of her.
I loved these monkey faces and couldn't choose just one:
We had such a great time! Thanks for inviting us, Amy and Fam! And for wrangling the boys, Sean! We hope you visit Grandma K. again real soon. Con is still talking about his "New Fwiend P," and was so excited to see the photos as I was downloading them.
2 comments:
I love the kissy face and the kangaroo. Zoos are fun.
Oh, that was a fun day! Thanks so much for coming--we're sure glad Patrick and Con are such buddies. I TOTALLY know what you mean about having boys that match in intensity, so there's less crying and your kid looking like a meanie head. We'll definately do it again soon--we have to hit up the train musuem!
Post a Comment