Tuesday, May 23, 2006

He Looks Like a Good Eater



Everyone everywhere always comments on Conrad's kankles (or "thankles" as Matt so loving refers to our monkey's leg-feet area) and on his apparent appetite. Its true. He likes to eat, and takes meal time very seriously. However, it is very recent that he has eaten anything other than MamaMilk. This month, in fact. It might shock you, but CT does have food preferences:
1. Formula is not his favorite. In fact, he'll wait until he is very hungry before downing the smelly stuff.
2. Rice cereal is not his favorite. And it does not like him, either.
3. Oatmeal is delicious!
4. Bananas are a yeah! And I must really love him because I mash the gross lil things up and feed it to him.
5. Green beans - nay! Warm, cool, or at room temperature does not cut it.
6. Pears - yahoo!
7. Applesauce - yum, yum, yum.
8. And his favorite....water! Seriously. Now we give him sippy cups of water, which he can hold and spill all over. He doesn't have to beg for a sip of my waterbottle or a little hamster drink from a straw, or drink his bath water, which, of course, he still does. No, he just sits in his little chair and plays forever - at least 6 or 7 minutes - with a cup of water, and he is in heaven!

10 comments:

Ann said...

Cute blog, Beebe! I'm glad it's back.

C-man does look like a good eater. I think he weighs more than Edie! All that on MamaMilk and a bit of oatmeal & bananas?! Amazing!

Unknown said...

I love your fat baby. A lot.

Anonymous said...

It is obvious that its his DaddyTie supplement

that keeps him big and kankley!


-Daddy

Unknown said...

I miss your fat baby. I was thinking about him today. I guess I am kind of a creepy aunt.

karin said...

My little Austi misses your Big C-rad. Adam was asking for "Bebe & Conrad" the other day and I had to tell him sadly that ya'll were in Cali again. He looked at me confused and I said "Grandma's House" that made him smile. I don't think he understood that we weren't going too. Miss ya almost as much as your baby is big.

Anonymous said...

Em--it is not creepy, it is only natural with such an endearing baby, if I do say so myself.

Karin-CT misses your kids, too. I had to take him to the park to watch big kids run around and scream. He just watched and watched. Then, at Park Days, he tried to play with some other babies (tried to poke out their eyes the way he and Austi do) but they weren't Austi and Adam. In fact, so far, his favorite friends are his daddy and his cousins. Too bad they are all in Texas, Sac, and SanFran. It makes for a lonely monkey.

Tyler--that is just nasty. When was your tie last cleaned, and not by our baby's drool?

Anonymous said...

Papa Cy and Nanny said

We love the blogs and all the cute pictures of our very cute great-grandkids!!! Keep the pictures coming. I know you'll be very busy until the end of June and I hope it goes by fast for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm on your blog. I can't figure out how to add you to my list. Help! Also, Conrad is cute. Hope your last two weeks of school is tolerable. Love Ali

karin said...

I thought this was a once a week dealy-o?

karin said...

Now that your school year is over, are you going to get back on the blog???